Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Presley's Penguin "Mumble"

If you know Presley at all, you know that she is obsessed with penguins. This all stemmed from watching Happy Feet when she was younger....and it's never stopped. She still LOVES the movie and looks for penguins wherever we go.

When Pres was younger, we saw that Build A Bear had a penguin so we took her to make one of her own. This is called "Big Mumble" at our house. Well this past week, Preston's mom was here so we were over at his sister's house a lot. One night, after getting home, I get a text from Preston's mom and it reads "A special little girl left a very special toy". My heart jumped into my throat. I could NOT believe that we left Mumble at Jenni's house!!

So, I had to break the news to Presley. She didn't take it too well, but was so tired from the day that she fell asleep too fast that night to think to much about it.

Now morning comes. That is the first time she grabs out of bed usually. So, she asks about "him" and I tell her again that he's at Aunt Jenni's and that Daddy is bringing him home when he comes home from work. She was not happy, but she went on with playing. So mid day comes and it's nap time. She asks about him and I say again about Daddy bringing him home after work. I hear her go in to go to the bathroom before nap and hear her break down in tears saying "Please Daddy, Please bring Mumble to me, please". (He is VERY real to her...not just a stuffed animal..as you can tell).

So, here is a little clip of Pres when Preston brought Mumble home to her!

No comments: