Friday, August 20, 2010

My Due Date...3 years ago with Presley Kate

Oh Presley Kate.

I was due with you 3 years ago today. I was miserable, it was over 100 degrees outside, FAT, swollen and WANTED YOU OUT! I was so excited to see you and hold you. I was going to the doctor almost every day for the last week and was sick of being sent home and not over to the hospital. The doctors office that I was at, I hardly ever saw the same person. I was seeing the MA's for most of the pregnancy until this day when I saw an actual doctor. My main question when going each week was "If I do not have her by the 20th, will I be induced?". I realize there are a lot of people that would not want this, and like to wait for the baby to come naturally, but lets be real people....When you have gained 65...yes 65 lbs in the heat of summer, you feel like a hug hefer cow and just want this watermelon to come out. SO, I was told, "Yes, we will induce if you have not had her by then". HA...YOU LIARS!
After seeing the MA's for all this time, and being told this, I meet with the dr on my due date and he tells me that it's possible that I could go for another 2 weeks. WHAT!?!?! If you could have seen Preston's face when the dr said this to me. I wanted to wrap an IV tube around his neck! So, he left the room and what did I do, just like every appt for the last 2 weeks...CRIED MY EYES OUT.

My poor family and close friends....They hated the dreaded call when I was out of the appt to hear crying and hear that I was headed home =(

I worked at Insight when I was pregnant with you and had an amazing boss that felt bad for me...so he didn't make me work this week and paid me for it :) You were just as stubborn then as you are now!!

I was scheduled to be induced this day, and was to leave the house around 3pm. While getting ready and SO EXCITED, we got a call saying that the hospital was full and they were not able to do it today. OH MY GOSH....I will never forget that feeling. I was SO ready and now had to wait longer. (Mommy is not a patient person, as you can tell)

So, needless to say...even though I wanted you to come and wanted to see your cute face...you didn't want to today. So we waited......

2 comments:

Jennifer Blattner said...

You had the exact same experience as I did with Hayden. I would cry my way home from the dr. feeling huge and gross, calling Buddy and telling him nope, not today. I had a scheduled induction and they called and said nope, too full. I threw the phone across the room and bawled!! I just wanted to be DONE!
But, we'd do it all over again just the same just to hold our little babies again. :)

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

lol oh I do remember the dreaded phone call after your appointments!!! I felt so bad for you-but SHE was worth it!!!