Monday, August 30, 2010

Moving into Civilization!...

It has finally happened! We have made the move and are in the new house in Gilbert, AZ. Can't believe we finally live "in town". We have lived a 1/2 hour outside of the gilbert area for the last 6 years and are SO excited to be here!

The packing went well (I learned from the Maricopa move, and was very organized with this move. I color coded EVERYTHING), the loading went well and the unloading went well....AND FAST!

Preston's Uncle Brad has managed a moving company for 18 years and so when we said we were moving, he asked "What do you need and when?". What a guy. He got us boxes, tape, paper to wrap the glass in....It was AMAZING. (I am sure everyone knows about wardrobe boxes, but I did not and they are spectacular!! So nice to put all of the hanging items in them and transfer them so neatly to the closets!!)

So, Thursday night (Aug. 26th), Preston and I came to the new house to clean the whole thing before the big move. I originally thought I would be doing this alone so it was a GREAT surprise when Preston got an "early out" to come help. We vacuumed, mopped, cleaned the bathrooms, kitchen, appliances, and all of the cabinets. It was fast and made me feel a million times better about moving our things in.

Friday night comes and everyone makes it over to help load the truck. (The reason they loaded on Friday night is because of me being so psycho about scorpions. I wanted all of the boxes in the garage black lighted before going into the truck. The ones inside were taped at every corner or crack in the box, to ensure that no scorpions would get in. I know, psycho!!) They start at 6pm and finish at 10 pm. (It took exactly as long as Uncle B said...he def knows what he's doing!) Then, Saturday morning, Uncle B comes with his wife, 2 boys and daughter....They had everything unloaded into the new house by 11am. It was AMAZING!!

So we are now here, settling in, making it OUR home. Presley LOVES this house, which makes me SOO happy. Jaggar loves that he can go anywhere and he is exhausting me!! Both are doing so well in their new rooms and Jaggar slept his first 10 hour night in I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW LONG last night....so lets keep that going!!

Here are a few pics of the house...







2 comments:

The Stohres said...

Congrats! Your house looks great!

Christin said...

Oh amazing house and an amazing decorator! Well done. When can we come seeeeeee?!