Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hit the road Jack...

It's finally come. Since the first month we moved into this house in Queen Creek, I have wanted to move OUT. I was 7 months pregnant with Jaggar when I found our first scorpion walking across the kitchen floor. I never knew how fast and graceful I could hop up on the counter with a big belly, but it happened without even thinking about it. (although I think that I definitely peed a little)

There have been a total of 5 scorpions inside the house and I have found everyone of them. My eyes are constantly scanning the floor and ceilings for these stupid, stupid creatures! At night, the black light comes out and all the beds are checked and the house is scanned to make sure we are scorpion free when we hit the sac. Presley has "carpet shoes" (flip flops) that she wears at ALL times when she is on the floor. AND, Jaggar is always on a white sheet when on the floor crawling around. (Which, btw, is not fun anymore now that he is crawling so fast....although I am sure to lose a couple lbs with all of the up and down I am having to do now!)

SO, after lots of searching and viewing MANY homes (cause I am SO picky) God has chosen the one that we will make OUR home. Not to worry, I have spoken with the neighbors (although they prob think their soon to be neighbor is psycho) to make sure there has NEVER been a scorpion that they have seen. It's been confirmed that we are good to go!

So I am happy to say, at the end of August, we will be moving! No more: Carpet shoes, black lights, sheets to crawl on, scanning the house at all times, feeling like we are infested, not feeling "at home".....I CANNOT WAIT!

Goodbye Carpet Shoes
-Love Presley


1 comment:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

lol thats funny!!! And of course she is wearing the lovely BLUE jacket!