Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"My Mom Does That"

This last weekend Presley went and had a sleep over at Papa and Nana's house. She was as excited as always when she knew she was going. My parents came over and hung out with us for a bit and had dinner, and then took her to their house. Around 8:30pm I got a call and Presley was on the other end. Her voice was a little shaky. I asked my mom what was wrong and heard Pres say "I want you". Although I like the nights when she can go and have fun and Preston and I can be alone after the boy goes down, I have to say, when I heard her say this, I wanted to jump in the car and run over there to get her. My mom assured me that they go through this almost every time and that she would be fine in a couple of minutes. All in all, it made me feel good that she still "wants" me.

Then, when I call to see if they were up in the morning, my mom tells me that Presley is down at the pond with Papa. So mom and I have a little chat about her. She tells me that the whole time she has been over there, as my mom was doing things, Presley would say "My mom does that" to all of it. She gave me a few examples such as breaking down boxes to put in the recycling bin.

This maybe isn't a big deal to everyone, but to me it is. I like that she watches me and things that I do. She is very smart and I like that when she is away, that she is thinking about me.

I love you Presley Kate. Thanks for being my girl.

2 comments:

Christin said...

I got a lump in my throat reading this. That's adorable.

A little about me said...

so sweet! love it!