Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our Boy....

As most of you should know, we welcomed our baby Jaggar Edward into this world on November 11th, 2009 at 11:55pm. He weighed in at 6lbs 12oz and was 19 inches long. This day was very special due to the fact that it was Veterans’ Day and that Preston is a Veteran. He was hoping and praying that Jaggar would decide to come on this day. With 5 minutes to spare, he did.

On Monday the 9th, I went into the doctor for our regular check up and at that time, she stripped my membranes.

Wednesday the 11th started like any other day. Presley and I got ready to meet up with my parents. Before leaving the house, around 11am, I felt like I was leaking (sorry for any men reading this). BUT, because I had the world’s weakest bladder EVER while pregnant and seemed to pee my pants AT LEAST once a day, I didn’t think too much of this. As I went about my business, this kept happening and I really started to wonder. My water did not break with Presley so this was a new thing for me. SO, I got everyone’s things together and called who I needed to call and headed for the hospital. My biggest fear through both pregnancies is that I would go to the hospital and call everyone and then it would end up being a false alarm. So when we got into triage, they did a test on me to see if it was infact my water breaking and it was. So this started the 12 hour process.

All went well and like I said, with 5 minutes to spare, our baby boy was born at 11:55pm.

Here is Jaggar all ready for the ride home!

Jaggar sitting with Daddy only 2 days old...

Jaggar having is blood taken at just a few hours old...

I will have more hospital pictures to post after getting them from my best friend, Kristi.

No comments: