Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our quiet New Years...

This year we stayed home and didn't do a dang thing for New Years. It was SO nice! I made homemade pot pies during the day which was the first time I had done that...(even the crust)...so I was excited to eat dinner! It turned out perfect and I got a "Atta Girl" from Preston so that means it was Good!!
My Mom and Dad came over earlier in the day and played with the kids and took them out for a walk which was a nice little break for me...
OH, and we cannot forget to mention that we skyped with the Smiths for 2 HOURS since they were laying low that night too. Usually we are all together on New Years, so, we didn't want to change the tradition we have going ;) (better, shannon?)
Here is how we brought in the New Year!

Our delicious Chicken Pot Pie..





1 comment:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

Ummmmm I believe you talked to us for 2 hours on skype lol so why was that not mentioned??? That was a highlight for my New Years lol!