Saturday, May 28, 2011

How did I get so blessed?....

So, today is my birthday. I turned 29 around 6:30am. Last night, some of our good friends, Jason and Michelle White, took Preston and I out to dinner and a movie. We ate at Brio, which happens to be their favorite restaurant, which ALSO happens to be a restaurant we have never been to. IT WAS DEEEEEEEEELISH! I had a dish called Pasta Alla Vodka. I could eat it all over again today ;)

....now, remember I said we went to a movie? Let me start by saying, I am not really a "going to the movie" kinda girl unless it's a "chick flick" (which luckily, Preston doesn't mind going to). I mean, I don't like a lot of movies...nothing remotely scary or suspenseful, in the least.. SO, I don't want to waste my money to go to a theatre when I can wait (which doesn't bother me) and see the movie in my own home so that when I don't like it, I get up and leave the room)

This was not just any movie, this was a theatre in Scottsdale called iPic. If you have not been there....GO! When you walk in, you feel like you are walking into a classy club (is there such a thing, I don't know...). You walk into your theatre and instead of walking briskly to a seat that you would like, you leisurely stroll to your "assigned" seat. You sit down in a RECLINER, and push a button that slowly elevates your feet. THEN, your waiter (yes, I said waiter...at the movie theatre) comes over to find out if you would like anything from the bar. AAAHHHHH....how relaxing!  Oh, I failed to mention that there is a little pillow and the MOST amazing, softest blanket sitting there, just waiting to get cuddled in your lap. Uh huh.

And, btw....a general admission is $17.50, WHICH includes the popcorn (and the pillow and blanket and recliner and.....well, you get the point.) So, although we were "treated" for my birthday, I wouldn't mind paying this price and going back again!

So, we saw Bridesmaids, which I thought was quite funny. It was a VERY enjoyable time and I CANNOT WAIT to go back to the iPic Theatre again! Thank you so much for a super fun night guys! We love you!

Preston and Jason waiting to go into the movie.
The cute newlyweds :) Love them!!
US! So relaxed! 
There I was, with my feet up...sipping a diet coke :)
Jason all cuddled up with his blanket!
Michelle and Me at Brio! Love her!

1 comment:

Brantonians said...

you look stunning!!!!!I'm so glad you had a happy birthday!!! Love you!