Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jaggar is CUT OFF!

I remember thinking when I was nursing with Presley that it was SO GROSS when people would nurse there babies til they were 1 year old. I remember also thinking, the moment teeth came in, those women were friggen NUTS to keep going! ....

Well, I am one of those women. I have nursed Jaggar up until this point and he is 10 1/2 months. I had the supply, so I went with it. It's been nice, but I am DONE! :)

Let me go back about a month...My little darling son (sense the sarcasm?) decided to bite down while eating. You are NEVER ready for this. So, he actually bit through and made me bleed. I couldn't believe it! I yelled quite loud and scared the crap outta him. Afterwards thinking, well, maybe that scared him enough to not do it again. Nope, Nope...No such luck. He has done it a few other times and it just sucks..bad. (or should I say "It BITES!) ;)

So, yesterday was the day. I have come to terms with the fact that I am done nursing. (Since I have been giving Jaggar milk, I think he knew it was coming anyways, ha!) I have LOVED it. I am going to miss it. Not the actual nursing part, but I am going to miss holding my little baby boy for at least 5-10 minutes, 3-4 times a day, without him squirming or wanting to get down. That was OUR time...just me and my sweet little boy. I didn't think I would get sentimental, but now I am tearing up. :(

SO, If any of you know about quitting nursing...IT HURTS! The milk does not just stop coming in ...AAHHH! So, this part is NO BUENO, but it's worth it :) Not only that, but Jaggar has not been a good night sleeper since he was about 5 months old. I don't know what happened, but he stopped sleeping 8 hours a night and went to waking up every 3 or so. It's been udder torture. So, to get him to go back down I did the fastest thing I could, and that would be to nurse him. Well, last night I had to "man up" and let my sweet cute Jaggar cry himself back to sleep many times without me going in there. But, I DID IT! And, to my surprise, so did he. I am proud of him, and I am proud of me.


So, although this chapter of our life is over, I will always remember the sweet times that we had, just him and I, while nursing. It was a HUGE blessing from God that I could do that for my boy,  Jaggar! I love you Son.

No comments: